The workplace and more particularly in the helping profession is one of the most dynamic environments in which people are required to function. Factors such as demands, deadlines, scarce resources, competition, interpersonal conflict, retrenchment and workload are all potential stressors. The physical and mental health of employee’s is a delicate balance between perceived environmental and internal stressors and their internal coping mechanisms. Recent trends in neurosciences and emotional intelligence have shown that through the skill of mindsight individuals can create and ever increasing capacity to cope within stressful environments. Dr Dan Siegel who coined the concept of mindshight said, “Mindsight is a kind of focused attention that allows us to see the internal workings of our own minds. It helps us get ourselves off of the autopilot of ingrained behaviours and habitual responses. It lets us “name and tame” the emotions we are experiencing, rather than being overwhelmed by them.
- A minimum requirement to attend this training is the Basic Counselling Skills 1 and 2 trainings or a recognized Basic Counselling skills training.
- Recognition of non FAMtrac trainings will be considered on an individual basis.
Kindly note that bookings for this training need to be made at least 10 days prior to the first day of training. Please forward proof of payment to email@example.com in order to finalize your booking.
Please Click Here for our Bookings and Payment guidelines.
By the end of this training participants should be able to:
- Explain the concept of stress
- Explain the nature and intensity of extraordinary challenges and stressors affecting employees
- Describe some of the concepts of mindsight and emotional intelligence
- Identify factors within the work environment that lead to burnout
- Develop a strategy to diminish the risk of work related stress
- Identify, within themselves, both helpful and unhelpful behaviours in the development of effective coping skills
- Demonstrate techniques to enhance and maintain emotional strength
- Demonstrate specific skills in mindfulness and mindsight
- Identify the signs and symptoms of fatigue impairment
- Recognise factors contributing to fatigue impairment
- The nature and origin of stress
- Employee Stressors
- Burn out
- Recent trends in neuroscience
- Fatigue Impairment
- Personal Stress Maintenance kit
- Coping Skills