In Basic Counselling Skills 1 and 2 we facilitated your journey of self-discovery and introduced you to the skills of counselling individuals from the Person Centered and Systemic Approaches. In Basic Counselling Skills 3 we will continue the journey by looking at the couple from these two approaches, as well as the counsellor’s role in the counselling relationship.
Kindly note that bookings for this training need to be made at least 10 days prior to the first day of training. Please forward proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org in order to finalize your booking.
Please Click Here for our Bookings and Payment guidelines.
By the end of this training participants should be able to:
- Demonstrate an awareness of the strengths and development points in their own intimate relationships
- Identify the transition from working with the individual system to a couple system
- Demonstrate the skills in developing a therapeutic alliance
- Describe the essential elements of a systemic couples assessment
- Identify stages within the couple development model
- Demonstrate the essential elements of contracting with the couple system
- Describe the most common themes in couple interventions
- Demonstrate how to terminate a therapeutic relationship with the couple system
- Demonstrate the skill of neutrality, hypothesis formulation and circular questioning