We are introducing another "small group discussion" to professionals in 2015.
The McMaster's Supervision Group is open to everyone who completed our McMaster's Family Counselling Skills training. These groups will run once a month on the first Thursday of every month from February to November. Each of these sessions will be facilitated by a different proffessional and will focus on a different aspect of the McMaster's approach. The outline of each session is a case discussion relating to the topic of the day and practice the appropriate skills in the form of a role-play and group discussion. Each session will be under the guidance and supervision of, Clinical Psychologist, Cecilia Robins and, Clinical Social Worker, Daleen van Staden.
This group is an excellent way to keep yourself abbreast with the McMaster's approach to working with families and build your professional porfolio of evendence.
The group for 2015 will focus on the following:
5 February 2015 Problem Solving - case presented by Daleen van Staden
5 March 2015 Communication - case presented by Ntombekaya Sigonya
2 April 2015 Roles - case presented by Pauline Sevitz
7 May 2015 Affective Responsivenes - case presented by Annatjie Wait
4 June 2015 Affective Involvement - case presented by Anthony Hawthorn
2 July 2015 Behaviour Control - case presented by Riaan Grobbelaar
6 Augustus 2015 Assessment - case presented by Daleen van Staden
3 September 2015 Contracting - case presented by Ntombekaya Sigonya
1 October 2015 Treatment - case presented by Pauline Sevitz
5 November 2015 Closure - case presented by Annatjie Wait
- A minimum requirement to attend this group is the McMaster's Family Counselling Skills training.
- Recognition of non FAMtrac trainings will be considered on an individual basis.
- These sessions carry 4 Continual Professional Development (CPD) points each from the South African Council for Social Service Profession (SACSSP).
- Please view our CPD guidelines.
- Although it is recommended for your own professional development that you attend each session, professionals my choose to attend any of the above sessions.
Notes on bookings:
Kindly note that bookings for this group needs to be made at least 10 days prior to the date of the session you wish to attend. Payment needs to be made in full and proof of payment needs to be forwarded to email@example.com. Should you wish to make payment on the day kindly arrange with the training coordinator.
Please Click Here for our Bookings and Payment guidlines.