Working with infidelity is one of the most difficult areas of counselling. It presents the challenge of the deeper unconscious movements of the Psyche, while at the same time producing an intense crisis which the non-participant spouse would often like to resolve to avoid pain at all costs.
Infidelity often leads to the deterioration of the couple relationship. Helping couples explore the infidelity and possible ways of moving forward may significantly lessen the change of the relationship being terminated by the couple. The counsellor needs the appropriate set of skills and a proper understanding of the intricacies of infidelity.
The counsellor needs to provide a safe place, and to slow the couple down, so that the meaning of the affair can be thought about and understood.
- A minimum requirement to attend this training is the Basic Counselling Skills 1 and 2 trainings or a recognized Basic Counselling skills training.
- Recognition of non FAMtrac trainings will be considered on an individual basis.
- This Workshop carries will be applied for Continual Professional Development (CPD) points from the South African Council for Social Service Profession (SACSSP).
- Please view our CPD guidelines.
Kindly note that bookings for this training need to be made at least 10 days prior to the first day of training. Please forward proof of payment to email@example.com in order to finalize your booking.
Please Click Here for our Bookings and Payment guidelines.
- Describe the dynamics of affairs
- Define the stages and different types of affairs
- Do a basic assessment of individuals working through affairs
- Demonstrate through role play and understanding of working with affairs
- Explore the dynamics of affairs
- Get an overview of the stages and different types of affairs
- Do an assessment
- Do a role play of counselling a couple